Wednesday 3 June 2015

3rd June 2015

Love: I've loved spending time with Mia today but she's been odd again. Sits on my lap one minute and wanders off and doesn't want to know me the next! Contrary madam! :D
Life: This afternoon/evening has been pretty inspirational. First I was introduced to Amanda Palmer and watched her talk, The Art Of Asking, on TED. It is something I've experienced myself - it is something I've been criticised for myself - but I was always brought up with the notion that "if you don't ask, you don't get". Then I saw a request on Facebook from Brouhaha for people to join their carnival procession, wearing one of their costumes. So now another of my desires shall be coming true and they get what they want too - just by asking. It's something I think perhaps we forget - asking for what we want isn't automatically a selfish act. We can make someone else happy too. Then this evening I watched, Sa som i Himmelen, which is a film about a choir and it was an incredibly powerful film - especially the ending! Hollywood it is not! And all the better for it! :) It reminded me of a point made in yesterday's memorial service for Marcie - never disregard the impact you have on another person's life. It is too easy to think we don't matter but, actually, as I have found, we matter hugely! Please don't deny somebody else the chance of feeling your influence.
Career: I've had some more help with realising my calling today. The organisation I need to contact are MAP. This is so gonna get real! :)