Sunday 29 November 2015

29th November 2015

Life: today has been another wild and windy day. After having my shower, breakfast and watching Doctor Who, I intended to start on my college work but I found my eyes wouldn't focus so I had to sit with them closed for a while until they were OK again. It was a scary moment - my ambitions revolve around me being able to see. What would I do if I couldn't?!! I've since put it down to tiredness, though, as Ive sensed it coming on again when Ive been staring at the computer/iPad/iPhone screen a lot. Today I also had delivery of the stuff I ordered yesterday - one of the advantages of being with Amazon Prime is you get next day delivery even on a Sunday! I also worked on two of my canvases. Neither is really going as hoped but that's part of the creative process - you have to surrender control and let the art be what it will be.
College: today I finished off my essay for contextual studies, sorted out as much of my make-up sketchbook as I could, and started on my fashion illustration. This evening I was worrying about finances again but then asked myself what I would do if I wasn't scared of spending all that money and the answer was obvious - I would plough on and do things properly. So, I guess, that is what I really desire to do and I think I owe it to myself to do what I desire.
One Thing: the one thing I'm choosing today is being creative - for both college and myself. I live to be creative. Being creative is like breathing for me and I suffocate when I deny my creativity.