Sunday 7 February 2016

7th February 2016

Mia: Mia was scratching on the door this morning at 6am wanting her breakfast. I wouldn't normally bother but, since I'd been awake since 4:30am, I did. When I got home this evening, again the first thing she wanted was food. So I put out a saucer of cat milk and a portion of salmon and she ignored both! Then the cheeky thing was asking for more as I came to bed. So I pointed to the salmon and milk and said "there you go!". Sometimes, I sound just like my mum used to when I was a kid!
Life: today was heArt School and we were doing Soul Collage which is kind of like a cross between tarot and collage but not! I'm not sure I found it as deep and meaningful as others but I did enjoy the collage. However, before then - before I even got to heArt School! - I did some sculpting which I absolutely loved and put me in a good mood for the rest of the day! I have never before felt this compelled to create as I do with sculpture! I find it utterly fascinating! Although I'm the one creating, it feels like the sculpture is creating itself! I am just the facilitator to bring the figures to life! Each one has its own personality which manifests itself in my hands! It reminds me of what Clare says about her painting but I never really was able to with painting but with clay I totally get it! I don't want to speak too soon - it is after all only my 3rd batch - but I feel like I've found the thing I'm meant to do! This compulsion to create with clay is in me and I'm finding this last week that if I don't release it, I'll just go crazy! 
One Thing: the one thing I'm choosing today, surprise surprise, is sculpting. It really set me up for the day. :)