Sunday 18 October 2015

18th October 2015

Love: Tonight I'm loving me! :)
Life: other than college work I've done the laundry, hoovered, fed myself and Mia and watched BBC iPlayer and Netflix. The film I watched on Netflix was The Angriest Man In Brooklyn, starring Robin Williams, which is not the greatest movie ever made. As everyone must surely know, Robin Williams committed suicide August last year and there's a bit in the movie where his character throws himself off the Brooklyn bridge trying to commit suicide. It reminded me that 2 and a half years ago, I too wanted to throw myself off a bridge and how far I've come since then. I've lived a lot in that time! It's pretty incredible to think how I've transformed myself and my life! I've been tempted many times but I'm the woman who wouldn't quit! I think that's the story of my life - certainly since 2010 - I keep digging deep and pushing forwards. I'm proud of myself! :)
College: so I started this morning by finishing off my tonal drawing. I'm pretty darned chuffed with it! I honestly didn't know I could draw that well! But I've a lot of knowledge to draw on now - from my art teacher back in Poole telling me to draw the insides rather than the outsides, to Clare telling me to stay relaxed and lots more besides, it all helps! :) After the drawing, I scanned some images for my interior design project and then, this evening, I've done some more work on my sketch pads. It's been a busy day! :)
One Thing: the one thing I'm choosing today is the tonal drawing. I've come close to quiting my course these last 3 weeks but when I saw that drawing it was all worth it! I'm not saying I'm gonna now be all sweetness and light but I do see the value of me doing this course and it is worth the asking price! :)