Sunday 25 October 2015

25th October 2015

Love: this evening I watched Stan - a drama in which Stan Laurel visits Oliver Hardy who is dying from cancer and has also suffered from strokes. In one bit of the movie, Hardy zones out and it made me remember when John used to do that during the last couple weeks of his life. I have no real words to describe how it affected me - to have a husband who was present in body but not in mind. Words like "upsetting" and "scary" just don't cover it! But remembering it made me cry again this evening.
Life: this morning I watched Doctor Who whilst I had my breakfast and then did the laundry and sprayed weedkiller on my weeds before getting stuck into my college work. This evening, having had my fill of college work for one day, I watched Stan, as I said.
College: I started the morning with doing another page of concepts for graphics. Then I started an A2 drawing of shoes I have to do. It's taking a lot longer than I hoped but by tea time I'd had enough so have left it for today. After tea, I did 5 pages of concept sketches for a Christmas card we have to design. I can't say any of them grab me! I also have to say I'm really disappointed how small a dent I've made this weekend in all the homework I have to do during half-term! Any hopes of having a more relaxed week have bit the dust! And to think this is only the entry level! Goodness only knows what the actual degree level's like!!
One Thing: the one thing I'm choosing today is cuddles with Mia again. It makes all the difference in the world to wind down just before bed with a bit of affection!