Saturday 26 March 2016

26th March 2016

Mia: Mia has been an absolute sweetie this evening! :) She came up and gave me several cuddles between sleeps. I love her to death! :)
Life: this morning I discovered a whole load of levels of Angry Birds I'd not played before. So breakfast was somewhat delayed as I didn't even get out of bed until 10am! Once I had got out of bed and sorted myself out, I headed into Liverpool for an 'open studio' at Big Love Sista. I started off doing a bit of Art Journaling and showed Hilary how to do it too and then I did a mixed-media canvas. I didn't really know what I wanted to do with the canvas so just experimented and I think most of it ended up on the newspaper protecting the table but I was really happy with what I ended up with. What was interesting though was I was doing a figure - some said it was my aura - but then Sandra spotted that, upside down, it looked like a wolf and I liked that idea much more so that's what I did! However, as I sprayed it with so much water, it didn't dry in time for me to finish it so I took it home and finished it here whilst 'watching' The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood on Amazon. Anyway, backing up a bit, after the session at the studio, I caught the bus home - except it came on to rain so hard I had to take shelter in a doorway. I'd not seen it rain that hard since I was in Montreal in 1997! As Terry Pratchett wrote in one of his books, it was like a sea with holes in!
One Thing: you'll have to forgive me being vague on this one because I don't want to open a can of worms but on my way to the studio I made someone very happy and the look of delight on their face was a joy to behold! And all for 29p! :)