Monday 12 March 2012

Random

One of the things I've sometimes heard trans people get called is "Random". It's a fairly new one on me but I think it's meant in terms of "hard to define" or possibly "flakey".
So, just to prove the point, here's some "random" thoughts I've had about being trans...

  1. I wish I was dead!
  2. Transitioning is the best decision I ever made.
  3. Why must you be so needy? If you keep on taking, soon there’ll be nothing left!
  4. There is no ‘real’ me. The ‘real’ me does not exist. There’s only a “me” I prefer to be. And I prefer to be this.
  5. How do I make being trans work for me?
  6. I love being trans sometimes!
  7. What is the ‘real’ me? The ‘real’ me is what I see and my memory.
  8. Trans people who step away from the fight to make life better for other trans people really annoy me!
  9. I don’t want to swap one straightjacket for another.
  10. Just because things are great for you doesn’t mean they are for everyone else!
  11. Did you transition just so you could be congratulated for doing so?
  12. Why must you be so self-absorbed? Can’t you see I’m suffering here!
  13. I didn’t choose to be a transsexual. It’s not like I woke up one morning and thought, “What I really need in my life is to be ridiculed, misunderstood and hated!”.
  14. It’s better to be hated for being truthful than being loved for being a liar.
  15. All publicity is good. Even bad publicity can be used for good.
  16. Damn, I look good!
  17. The word “normal” promotes discrimination. As soon as you label something as “normal”, you automatically label something else as “abnormal”.
  18. Some trans people don’t want to be involved in trans activism in case it outs them as trans. It’s ridiculous! I don’t shy away from civil rights for fear it outs me as white! 
  19. If you know something is unjust why would you not try to right it? Just how selfish do you have to be!
  20. When people say they want to be “normal”, I wonder what makes them think they’re not already!
  21. Of course you have the right to live your life as you see fit but that doesn’t mean you have the right to live it uncriticised.
  22. Why are some trans-activists so egotistical? If I help people it’s simply to help them out not to boast about it afterwards!
  23. I don’t wear women’s clothes. I wear my clothes!
  24. I don’t know how to cope with being trans.
  25. Some trans women say they want to distance themselves from the LGBT community to go lead “normal” lives. It’s like they think lesbians aren’t leading “normal” lives or something!
  26. Being trans doesn’t stop me being human.
  27. This is a dream come true!
  28. We trans people are pioneers. After all, very few people will have a clue what a trans person is let alone met one!
  29. The word “trans” relates to me the same way it does to the Atlantic Ocean. 
  30. Perhaps I ought to get a job at Funny Girls??