Sunday 24 April 2016

24th April 2016

Mia: the day started well with fun and games but ended badly when I realised I had one less pouch of wet food than I thought. So, faced with a choice of giving her no tea or no breakfast, I opted to give her no tea. She has plenty of dry food so isn't going to starve but her look of expectation is heartbreaking and I keep apologising to her but it's upsetting and I feel bad. :(
Life: this morning I watched catch-up telly and then caught the bus to Liverpool for heArt School. Today we were doing oil painting. I enjoyed it but my hunch is I'm not going to be swapping acrylic for oils anytime soon. This evening I had chip omelette for tea (my own culinary creation but I'm baffled why it's not offered at chip shops! Perhaps I shall have to start asking for it and create a demand!) and watched the BBC's celebration of Shakespeare. I enjoyed it and it amplified my feelings that, when done by proper actors (instead of at school), you can hear the musicality of it and understand it! Perhaps then, instead of forcing it down our necks at school, they should allow us to discover it for ourselves when we're mature enough to appreciate it!
One Thing: the one thing I'm choosing today is heArt School. I learned a great deal - and not just about oil painting!