Saturday 11 July 2015

11th July 2015

Love: I love cake. There, I've said it! Let me deny it no more! Let me take pride in my love of cake and own it! I've had two large slices today and I'm not ashamed! Cake is yum! :)
Life: Today I spent a little time at Sparkle (a Trans version of Pride) and it has left me unsettled. I feel alien to that scene and I'm tempted to say I don't understand it but I know that can't be true because I used to be part of it. I'm being rather judgemental of the people who were there and I don't like the judgements I'm making, so I won't share them publicly. I'm trying to use the Gather The Women mentality and work out what my judgment says about me but I've not reached any conclusions yet. Perhaps I just don't want to 'go there' and 'own it' for fear of what it does say about me?? Ah well, maybe by morning I'll have reached some conclusions. My brain doesn't feel restful so I probably won't get much sleep until I do.
Career: One of the talks I attended today was by Sylvia Lancaster on how she came to form SOPHIE. It struck me that here's this woman standing in her own power, head of a national charity as though she were born to the role but, actually, if it weren't for the brutal murder of her daughter she would probably never have been in that role. It just goes to show that you never can predict what plans the universe has for you. I hope for nothing as drastic as that myself but I'm pretty confident the universe is pushing me in a direction that will, in due course, see me finally harness my full power.