Wednesday 28 October 2015

28th October 2015

Love: Mia still loves me. All is well with the world. :)
Life: today I met up with Ali who I used to work with at CAW. We've both gone our separate ways now - Ali to work for Golf England and me to do my degree. It was great to meet up - I like Ali a lot! She was one of the best amongst a great team at CAW! She also treated me to a mocha and cake, so that's another reason to like her! :) I also had a chap come around to look at the damp in the coat room and we think we've got to the source of the problem - my shower screen is letting water through and my bath isn't sealed properly, so the water is going through the floor and causing the damp. It's gonna be expensive to fix but, on the plus side, it isn't anything to panic about. This evening I watched a couple of films on Amazon. One of them was Invictus, which is about when South Africa hosted and won the 1995 Rugby World Cup. Obviously, Nelson Mandela is inspirational but not only for standing up to injustice but also for forgiving the injustice that was done to him and leading his country in forgiving the injustice that was done to the majority of its people. It made me reflect on how hard I find it to forgive - especially the injustice that was done to John - but if Mandela could forgive all that, then surely I can forgive too. And, like my grief counsellor said, "hate is a poison we end up taking ourselves".
College: today I did my visual merchandising concepts, finished my A1 drawing, got stuff cut and stuck in my make-up and visual merchandising sketchbooks, and also printed out my poem for tomorrow. It was a very productive day and I feel much nearer to getting on top of things than I did at the start of the week. :)
One Thing: the one thing I'm choosing today is meeting up with Ali. I look forward to meeting up with her again near Christmas. :)