Friday 2 October 2015

2nd October 2015

Love: I'm not very good at loving myself. It's very rare that I think well of myself. I don't think I'm alone in that.
Life: today was nominally a day off but I still went into college and met up with Patricia. After college, Patricia gave me a lift into Liverpool and I went and bought myself more stuff for college. I also tried to find a satchel for college so I didn't have to constantly transfer stuff between bags but satchels must be out of fashion this year because I found very few and none suitable! Then I got the bus home and promptly went out again to do the food shopping! When I got home I sorted out mine and Mia's tea before watching a film on Netflix whilst making a cover for my visual merchandising sketchbook out of the cat print I bought yesterday.
College: I decided to take the bus to college today for a trial run before committing to buying a term time ticket. It was easy enough - especially with the ticket I downloaded to my phone! - so I shall now have to bite the bullet and buy the term time ticket I guess! It was a 'staff meeting' day at college so there wasn't any lessons but I went to the library to sort out some images for my visual merchandising assignment. Then I tried to sort out my UCLAN enrolment but it transpired that I will have to wait until the middle of next week for that to be sorted. I also wanted to confirm the financial situation of my course but, it being a 'staff meeting' day, there was no one available.
One Thing: the one thing I'm choosing today is the realisation that my negativity about college is all financial. I have absolutely no qualms about spending the next 4 years at college - even going over stuff I already know! - but I do worry about the financial aspect of it. Is this really worth wiping out my savings for (worst case scenario)? I don't feel happy about that prospect. So the question I haven't answered yet is just how much do I want a 4 year educational experience that, fingers and toes crossed, ends in a degree??