Thursday 14 January 2016

14th January 2016

Mia: not seen a whole lot of Mia today because I left home at 9am and didn't get back until 7pm ish. All the same, we enjoyed playing chase the ribbon this evening and she got sardines for tea, so she fell asleep pretty happy I suspect. :)
Life: So I left home at 9am to meet Hilary in Liverpool. As it was jolly cold, she treated me to a mocha and an eclair to warm up with :) (didn't you know about the warming powers of eclairs?!!) Then we caught the bus to Hilary's home where she taught me how to do book binding. It wasn't terribly complicated and I got the idea of it after a while, but I was forever getting the thread tangled up! Luckily Hilary was a dab hand at getting it untangled for me! And I was very chuffed with the end result. :) She also showed me her 'me book' which was fabulous and I must do myself one sometime! Plus a book of Nick Cave's work which, again, was just awesome! So I had a very pleasant few hours with Hilary! :) After that, I caught the bus back into town where I had a quick look around the charity shops for junk to use in my collages (another idea I pinched off Hilary!) but none of them did them. :( So I caught the bus to Liscard to have a look in the charity shops there but the bus got delayed in the tunnel because the previous bus had broken down, so we had to pull over and rescue their passengers! So by the time I got to Liscard there wasn't time to do anything but get tea in Subway (with my voucher) and head on over to the doctors for my MOT health check! Except that there was now a half hour delay on the buses (presumably caused by the one broken down in the tunnel), which meant I would've been late for my appointment if I'd waited for it! So I quickly decided to walk to the doctors and managed to do it (1.5 miles according to google) in 10 minutes! So I was slightly breathless when I got there! The results of my test were better than I expected and I have a colossal 1% chance of having a heart attack in the next 10 years! :) After getting the bus home, I put the bins out and then settled down to some catch-up telly and quality time with Mia. :)
One Thing: the one thing I'm choosing today without any hesitation is learning how to do bookbinding with Hilary. She's an excellent teacher and I thoroughly enjoyed myself! :)