Saturday 12 September 2015

12th September 2015

Love: Love is hope. Hate is fear. Love is life. Hate is death. I live in hope and refuse to die in fear.
Life: Today I deposited my Free Art Friday pieces down at New Brighton seafront. My intention had been to go straight from there to Liverpool but I got caught in a very heavy rainshower, so dashed home to change before catching train to Liverpool. Even so, I still arrived a bit earlier than expected so popped into Mowgli on Bold Street for a quick lunch. I had the 'school tiffin' which was 4 dishes of Indian vegetarian street food. It was delicious as usual - especially the paneer! Then I carried on up the hill to the 'Refugees Welcome Here' demo. Unfortunately, as I had swapped my comfy boots for less comfy boots because of getting wet earlier, it wasn't long before I had to sit down and no sooner had I found somewhere to sit down when they all marched past me into Liverpool city centre! Once I had suitably recovered, I headed down to the docks for the pirate festival which I found highly disappointing. Their idea of pirates had little to do with reality! It was almost as if Disney had taken over! Very disappointing! So I quickly headed into town again, bought a few Christmas pressies (I believe in spreading the cost) and the new Iron Maiden CD - the first CD I've bought in over a year! (It's that good!) before coming home and watching some Netflix and surfing the Internet.
One Thing: the one thing that has made today a day worth living is seeing The Labour Party elect Jeremy Corbyn as leader. I'm not saying he'll be PM - that's 5 years away yet! - but Labour's return to the left is this country's best chance of opposing the Tories genocidal "austerity" measures and that can only be a good thing in my opinion.