Tuesday 1 December 2015

1st December 2015

Life: so I wasn't in a good place yesterday but, as I hoped, I was in a better frame of mind today. In other news, my Darth Vader advent calendar produced a reindeer today.
College: the college day started with a presentation from a lecturer at Liverpool Hope about their fine art course and he certainly made an impression because at least 3/4s of us want to go there now! :) Yesterday I also said Graphic Design bored me rigid. That's not true. Parts of it were certainly tedious but not all of it. However, after today's Graphics lesson, I'm not sure I want to do it at Hugh Baird college. My lecturer seems to have a very set opinion of what Graphics is and really struggled to comprehend why I'd want my logo to be a real object (turned digital via the computer) rather than a computer graphic! I mean, it's the 21st century for fuck sake! Broaden your horizons! I really don't fancy spending the next 3 years having to kick against such narrow mindedness!
Love: Mia is definitely taking herself off somewhere for tea these days. She disappeared for several hours this evening and, in these temperatures, there's no way she spent all that time outdoors! The fickle hussy! :)
One Thing: the one thing that has made today worthwhile is the presentation from Liverpool Hope. No pun intended but it has given me hope for the future and put a spring in my step today. :)