Saturday 15 August 2015

15th August 2015

Love: I love Liverpool. Today a Neo-Nazi 'White Man March' was due to take place in the city centre with the aim of intimidating the city and 'teach it a lesson' for its 'left-leaning ways'. The march was allowed under 'freedom of speech' legislation and so the mayor was powerless to stop it. So the city's population took the matter into their own hands and confronted the Neo-Nazis, forcing them to hide in a lost property office at Lime Street station. Faced with this opposition, they then cancelled their march. I'm so proud of that city the other side of the river tonight! Whilst I stayed away for fear of my safety, hundreds of others rightly told the racists where to go! Credit also has to go to the police who, judging from the video I've seen, had a very hard time of it today policing a lot of very angry people! It's a credit to them that today's events didn't boil over into something much more serious!
Life: today has been quite a lazy day after getting to bed in the early hours after celebrating Pauline's birthday yesterday. Considering she claims to be only 21, she's not aged at all well! Anyway, I've spent most of the day watching Netflix and completing my 'shiney shrine', I started a couple months back. I also watched Birdman for the first time since seeing it at the cinema earlier in the year. It's a really class film - imaginative and daring. I love it to pieces and it's my favourite film next to One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. Talking of people/animals that think they're birds, Mia has been on the cuddly side today which I have very much enjoyed but she must've been suffering from waiting up for me last night as she took herself off to bed at 7:30pm!
Suicidal: tonight's suggestion from Kate Bornstein's book, Hello Cruel World, of what to do instead of killing yourself is 'Treat Yourself Like An Honoured Guest'. Be nice to yourself. Make yourself a delicious meal. Make sure you're comfortable and well looked after. Be polite and don't be rude or say unkind things to yourself.